Saturday 4 June 2011

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner

*First & foremost, let me apologize for the less than half a bottle of toner as display. I have to put it on a period of trial before I can put up a review. Many apologies*


About the product
With triple blend of natural active ingredients which are Community Trade tea tree oil, lemon tea tree & tamanu oil. These combination of ingredients are said to work for preventing blemishes and blackheads, as well as controlling excess oil. It does not only prevent, but it works in combating the current blemishes as well. So, this product is suitable for blemished and oily skin

Community Trade organic tea tree oil (from Kenya) - function as anti-bacterial
Lemon tea tree (from Kenya) - works as anti-bacterial & give the product a zesty fragrance
Tamanu oil (from Madagascar) - to promote healthy looking skin & has moisturising properties

Indications
As mentioned above:
Combat existing blemishes
Prevent further outbreaks of blemish & blackheads
Controlling excess oil


What's special
A layer of corn starch powder at the bottom of the toner to mattify the skin. The salesgirl in the shop regards me about this corn starch powder that can help to absorb excess oil



Directions for use
Shake well to "activate" (to let the powder mix with the toner). Apply to a cotton pad & sweep over face  outwards & neck upwards



My experience
Before the salesgirl recommend me to this product, I knew it earlier that my skin isn't really working with tea tree oil. But, that was years back when I tried out tea tree oil for my blemishes. After so many years, I decided to give tea tree oil another chance. FIRSTLY, what I like about this product is the "Made With Passion" section, where I found that The Body Shop really has the heart to give the poor a job. It gives me the consumer a warm feelings on how the progress of this product was made. Back to my experience with the usage of this product. I found the scent of the toner is very strong, luckily I isn't someone that hate the strong tea tree oil scene, so it is okay for me. I feel tingling sensation & uncomfortable pricking pain sometimes in some part of my face when I apply it. I can't sweep the toner at one area twice because it will heat up my face, which is pretty uncomfortable. But, it does control the excess oil in my face and T-Zone. After a month plus using only this as my toner, my face complexion isn't much improving and my existing pimples did not heal, plus with more pimples popping out. I am very sure by now that tea tree oil isn't suitable for my face

Price
250ml - RM 39.00
(For a bottle, it lasts for about 2 to 3 months)

Eli's "Love-it-or-Not" Meter
Packaging: 3.5/5
Effectiveness: 1.5/5
Worth the money: 3/5
Long lasting: 4/5

Total: 12/15

This product might not work for me but I have seen a lot people that has positive feedback for tea tree oil


Love

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com