Thursday 2 June 2011

Coca-Cola Glass Meal

courtesy picture of everydayonsales.com


Everyone knows about the FREE Coca-Cola Glass that comes together with a Coca-Cola Glass Meal, which is any Large McValue Set + sundae of any flavour

The glass is very eye-catching and sexy, while the food are so addictive and yummy
The food is just so heavenly add up with a pretty glass that it almost blind every consumer with its nutrients and marketing tactics. I have no idea about marketing, so I'm going to the nutrient aspect that I have usually pay attention in.


Anyway, I myself had only one Coca-Cola glass as a treat by my colleagues during the last day of work in NCSM. Besides that, I om nom all the food as well


How many people realized that this can actually cover up almost all the energy for a day of living?
Well, don't have to be so freak out by its calories if you haven't had anything yet to fill your tummy the whole day because every human need daily calories/energy and nutrients. Not because it is fatty, we have to totally neglect it. Life will be much wasted if we don't enjoy this because this is such a heaven food

Take my set as the Nutritional example:

Spicy Chicken McDeluxe
Energy: 615 kcal (It is the highest calories burger in McD)
Carbohydrates: 56.7g
Protein: 17.2g
Fat: 27.7g

Large French Fries 
(I totally think I'm cheated by McD. Look at the amount of fries in my picture)
Energy: 413 kcal
Carbs: 55g
Protein: 5.8g
Fat: 18.8g

Large Coke
Energy: 213 kcal
Carbs: 56g
Protein: 0g
Fat: 0g

Sundae (Chocolate)
Energy: 354 kcal
Carbs: 58g
Protein: 6.3g
Fat: 11.1g

Total:
Energy: 1595 kcal (Adults average: 2130 kcal/day)
Carbs: 215.7g (Adult average: 293g/day)
Protein: 29.3g (Adult average: 57g/day)
Fat: 57.6g (Adult average: 59g/day)

Well, the figure might not exceed the average needs of an adult of 19-65 years old. It will be totally freaky if it exceed the average needs with only 1 meal.

But how many of us will only digest this set of meal per day and the next meal will be the next day right?
It is still advisable for people that have starve the whole day to gain back the nutritional needs or people that workout like crazy in their work daily. If it is only because of snack cravings, this seriously had add up really a lot in your daily calories

According to dailymile.com, where I usually key in my training, every 30 minutes of running of my weight and height, I only burnt around 227 kcal. 227 kcal just burned off a cup of large Coke, not even a cup of chocolate sundae. Run for an hour, I can't even burn a Spicy Chicken McDeluxe. I'm worried because I don't exercise like a freak to burn off this set meal

Not advisable to go on major diet the next day because when your body found your sudden drop of calories and sugar level, it will slow down the metabolism in the body. It won't make somebody go slim and eventually you're only risking yourself in getting gastritis for not having food in your stomach



For a Coca-Cola glass, worth the number of calories and fats?

But, til the end, I still love McDonald's and this post isn't meant to hate them for stuffing us fatty food. It is just something behind this set of meal that we seldom take a look or sometimes we try to ignore it to enjoy good life to the max!


Love

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I missed the black one and havent get the lime green coke glass yet! :(

Isaac Tan said...

the enxt time I want to eat mc d, pls shout at me.. Stop me from makaning these, i need to slim down ><

Hilda Milda™ said...

I only got myself a blue and pink one (:

Unknown said...

I like MCD but not into collecting their collectibles. As far as I concern, before this there are meals that exceed the daily energy limit, hence taken off from the menu. I like Mc Duluxe, but can't figure out why is it so high in energy and carbs.

soulesscloudy said...

Today goin to get the green....

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com